Anonymous asked: Why is it wrong to not like/not really respect sex workers? Like if I'm looking at them like they're not upstanding citizens or something, that's wrong right? Could you explain why, though?
Like this is mostly my own opinion but here’s my reasons
- these women are most likely doing this to survive because they cannot find another reliable source of income and are desperate
- some women like this work and the income it does provide, which is also fine like i don’t care how the fuck you make your cash so long as you’re not the ceo of some disgusting fuckin company
- like literally i’m more likely to not respect and look down upon white dudes in suits than sex workers like
- sex work is fucking hard ok it takes not only the confidence to do it, but the strength and ability to hold your own if things get ugly
- like how much fucking courage and desperation does it take for like a single mom to try to feed her kid by selling her body i mean holy crap???
- like basically you should support sex workers at all costs simply because the main reason women turn to sex work is because of how shitty our economy is and how globally the job market is in a total hole. like you know how the stock market crashed in 2008 bc a couple of stuck up white dudes in suits made shitty fucking decisions in attempts to save their own fucking money? yeah well that meant that millions of americans lost their jobs and homes. which means that millions of women were forced to look wherever they could for work.
- also let me point out that lots of women will actually put themselves through some form of college simply by stripping/dancing/prostitution whatever. this means they will be debt free and honey if i was debt free i would be so happy. but i’m not and i didn’t go into sex work bc well i didn’t?? like hell no do i have the courage for that shit.
- and i think like really the most important thing here to consider is bc
- women are doing whatever they can to survive in a world that is systematically oppressing them so if you don’t think all women in all forms of work should be protected at all costs then idk what’s wrong with you
- just bc there is a taboo about sex and about how “dirty” it is doesn’t mean it isn’t just as legitimate as any other work. i mean why unclog the toilet at mcdonalds for below minimum wage when you can (probably) make twice as much for a 20 minute dance or something idk
- and again i reiterate why should we respect the white men in suits who have utterly and completely destroyed the country and not the women in bikinis and stilettos who are just desperately trying to survive?
shit, what the actual fuck, anon??? you want reasons why you shouldn’t respect human beings who are working and not doing anything to hurt anyone??? human beings who are unfairly victimized and stigmatized already?? take a look at your own damn self.
Girls get mocked for liking high heels and lipstick. Girls get mocked for liking sports. Girls get mocked for liking tea and books. Girls get mocked for liking comics books and video games. Girls get mocked for liking math and science. Girls get mocked for liking boys. Girls get mocked for liking girls. Girls get mocked for liking both. What the fuck are we supposed to like? Water? Air? Come on, tell me. I’m dying to know.
what do you mean not everyone has a toilet that washes and massages your butt
Wait there are toilets like that?
what an incredible experience it must be
im mildly concerned about something labeled “turbo” going near my butt
just gonna say this: if someone has social anxiety and they ask you something akin to ‘are you mad at me’ or ‘do you hate me’, it isn’t because they don’t trust you, it’s because their brain literally tells them that all the time
it’s not a personal slight, it’s insecurity caused by mental illness
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISN